Beijing on a shoestring
A great holiday in Beijing! This special six-day offer takes you on a breathtaking journey of exploration in one of the most fascinating capitals of the world. Book now!
Travelling in Beijing has never been easier! We've crafted this great value offer to provide travellers with an exceptional Beijing experience.
This tour covers classic Beijing highlights such as Tiananmen Square, the magnificent Forbidden City, the peaceful Lama Temple and the Great Wall of China. We also explore the beautiful alleyways of Old Beijing, known as hutongs, while we sample local delicacies and specialities. We catch a glimpse of everyday life at the various food markets we visit and soak in the sights and sounds of a bird and flower market.
This special offer is fantastic value for money and you are guaranteed a wonderful holiday that won't break the bank. So don't wait too long. Join us!
Want to travel on another day? Contact us for a quote
- Professional local English-speaking guide
- Hotel accommodation
- Transportation according to the programme with car, coach or bus depending on group size
- Meals as stated in the itinerary B = Breakfast. L = Lunch D = Dinner. Breakfast is usually international breakfast buffet combined with local Chinese breakfast. Lunch consists of local Chinese dishes including meat and vegetables. Sometimes lunch is a western-style sandwich if the weather or programme so requires. Dinner is specialised Chinese meals from many different regions in China.
- Beverages (soft drinks or local beer - 1 glass per meal)
- All entrance fees to the sites mentioned in the itinerary
- English map of Beijing
- 24hr on-call service in case of emergencies
- Anything not in “Included” list above
- Any flights or transportation besides those mentioned in the "Included" list above
- Phone calls or other personal expenses
- Tips - We recommend that the guide receives 2 USD per person per day and 1 USD per person per day for the driver
This tour starts and ends in Beijing.
Expected group size:
Type of vehicles used:
For transfers between destinations we use modern and comfortable vehicles that have air conditioning.
Level of ability required:
This tour includes fairly strenuous activity on uneven surfaces. A reasonable level of ability is required.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact us in advance.
Food and dietary information:
If you have any particular dietary preferences or requirements, please make these clear when you make your booking. Most types of diet can be catered for. We will eat at local restaurants. It’s not a problem to maintain a vegetarian diet in China.
Health and vaccinations:
In general, tourists do not need any vaccinations. Malaria vaccinations are not necessary in most parts of China. However, we advise you to consult with your doctor before travelling. For more information about health and vaccinations, please look at this website.
What to wear:
Long trousers are recommended on some of the days on the wall. We will walk through sections where trees and bushes with thorns grow on the wall.
Baggage and what to bring:
For domestic travel by air, the baggage allowance is 20kg (44lbs) per person. Since we do not provide tours with international air travel, please check your airline's website for luggage weight limits.
Flat two pin outlets are used in China. European round two pin outlets can also be used but don't fit perfectly. A plug adaptor can be purchased in most electronic stores.
Most tourists need a visa to China. For more information regarding visa applications, look at this website.
If you need to cancel
We understand that your travel plans sometimes change and we try to be as flexible as possible. However as we have to book accommodation at hotels we are also bound by their cancellation policies. In general, the following rules will apply when cancelling a tour you have booked:
- If cancelling more than 45 days before commencement of our services there is no cancellation fee and we will refund 100% of your money
- If cancelling within 45 to 31 days before commencement of our services: 20 % of the total booking value will be levied
- If cancelling within 30 to 15 days before commencement of our services: 60 % of the total booking value will be levied
- We are unable to offer a refund if cancelling less than two weeks before commencement of our services
For full details of our cancellation terms, please see our general Terms and Conditions.
Get a quote