Day tour of Beijing
Join us on this one-day tour of must-sees in the Chinese capital! Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, the Great Wall and the Olympics Stadium - Bird's Nest - all in one day!
We begin the morning with a visit to Tiananmen Square - the biggest square in the world. To the north of the square, lies the Forbidden City of the Ming and Qing dynasties. We cross over the five famous bridges and Mao Zedong’s picture to enter through the city’s south gate.
Back on the bus, we'll enjoy enjoy a sandwich and chicken drumstick as a quick lunch on the way to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall. On our way back from the mountains north of Beijing, we pass by the Olympic park to see the Bird’s Nest and Water Cube that were used as the main stadium and aquatics centre respectively.
- Pickup at News Plaza Hotel
- Tiananmen Square
- The Forbidden City
- The Great Wall at Mutianyu
- The Olympic Area - Bird's Nest and the Water Cube
- Back to your hotel
- Local English-speaking guide
- Transportation according to the programme with bus provided by IMG Action Sports
- Meals as stated in the itinerary B = Breakfast. L = Lunch D = Dinner.
- All entrance fees to the sites mentioned in the itinerary
- Anything not in “Included” list above
- Cable car to the top at Mutianyu Great Wall
- Any flights or transportation besides those mentioned in the "Included" list above
- Phone calls or other personal expenses
This tour starts and ends in Beijing.
Level of ability required:
This tour does not include any strenuous activity so no particular level of ability is required, however please be prepared for some walking. If you have any concerns or questions regarding disability access, please contact us in advance.