Explore Xi'an with this 3-day tour which introduces you to its glorious imperial past. Be mesmerised by the Terracotta Army, visit the enchanting Muslim Quarter and engross yourself in tai chi.
The capital of Shaanxi province and the imperial capital for eleven dynasties, Xi'an is suffused with history and culture.
The first emperor of China, Qin Shi Huang (221 B.C.), united seven states into one country and ruled the unified empire from Xi'an. The city remained the imperial capital for eleven dynasties and the city also marked the beginning of the Silk Road. Since the early Tang dynasty, Xi'an has had great impact on Chinese culture and is a cultural melting pot located in the centre of the country between the eastern and western provinces of China.
With wide streets and plenty of bike lanes, cycling in Xi'an is an enjoyable way of seeing the city.
A child is defined as 12 years or younger and below 1.20m in height.
- Pick up and drop off service at hotel, airport or train station
- Professional local English-speaking guide
- Hotel accommodation
- Transportation according to the programme with car, coach or bus depending on group size
- Meals as stated in the itinerary B = Breakfast. L = Lunch D = Dinner. Breakfast is usually international breakfast buffet combined with local Chinese breakfast. Lunch consists of local Chinese dishes including meat and vegetables. Sometimes lunch is a western-style sandwich if the weather or programme so requires. Dinner is specialised Chinese meals from many different regions in China.
- All entrance fees to the sites mentioned in the itinerary
- Beverages (soft drinks or local beer) within a reasonable limit (2-3 glasses)
- English map of Xi'an
- 24hr on-call service in case of emergencies
- Anything not in “Included” list above
- Any flights or transportation besides those mentioned in the "Included" list above
- Phone calls or other personal expenses
- Tips - We recommend that the guide receives 2 USD per person per day and 1 USD per person per day for the driver
We reserve the right to make improvements and changes to the itinerary due to local circumstances or events outside our control.
Type of vehicles used:
For transfers between destinations we use modern and comfortable vehicles that have air conditioning.
Level of ability required:
This tour does not include any strenuous activity so no particular level of ability is required, however please be prepared for some walking. If you have any concerns or questions regarding disability access, please contact us in advance.
Food and dietary information:
If you have any particular dietary preferences or requirements, please make these clear when you make your booking. Most types of diet can be catered for. We will eat at local restaurants. It’s not a problem to maintain a vegetarian diet in China.
Health and vaccinations:
In general, tourists do not need any vaccinations. Malaria vaccinations are not necessary in most parts of China. However, we advise you to consult with your doctor before travelling. For more information about health and vaccinations, please look at this website.
Baggage and what to bring:
For domestic travel by air, the baggage allowance is 20kg (44lbs) per person. Since we do not provide tours with international air travel, please check your airline's website for luggage weight limits.
Flat two pin outlets are used in China. European round two pin outlets can also be used but don't fit perfectly. A plug adaptor can be purchased in most electronic stores.
Most tourists need a visa to China. For more information regarding visa applications, look at this website.
If you need to cancel
We understand that your travel plans sometimes change and we try to be as flexible as possible. However as we have to book accommodation at hotels we are also bound by their cancellation policies. In general, the following rules will apply when cancelling a tour you have booked:
- If cancelling more than 45 days before commencement of our services there is no cancellation fee and we will refund 100% of your money
- If cancelling within 45 to 31 days before commencement of our services: 20 % of the total booking value will be levied
- If cancelling within 30 to 15 days before commencement of our services: 60 % of the total booking value will be levied
- We are unable to offer a refund if cancelling less than two weeks before commencement of our services
For full details of our cancellation terms, please see our general Terms and Conditions.
Why not extend your stay with one of these offers
Print itinerary Download itinerary
Get a quote