The Emperor of China
This 6-day tour is the quintessential Beijing experience. We visit Beijing highlights, explore the hutongs and climb the Great Wall of China. The perfect tour for discovering the capital of China!
First time to Beijing or want to revisit the highlights? Look no further! This is the perfect choice for getting to know Beijing and getting an exquisite taste of China. We've specially designed this six-day tour to encapsulate the essence of the capital's 600-year-old history, as well as its fast track to modernisation.
Beijing is a city of contrasts. Sprawling multi-lane highways zig-zag across this megacity and towering skyscrapers cast long shadows on the busy streets below. But in the midst of all this, you will find ancient imperial relics and buildings just a short walk away.
Amid busy streets with honking cars and armies of cyclists, just turn a corner and you can spend a delightful afternoon getting lost in Beijing's hutongs where washing flutters on clothes lines spanning the width of the alleys, where old men contemplate life as they smoke pipes in doorways, and where rickety rickshaws speed along the narrow lanes at breakneck speed. The mouth-watering smell of skewered barbecued meat, from the many food stalls, wafting seductively through the air while you haggle for that perfect souvenir, will make you forget that you are in one of the most populous cities in the world.
A child is defined as 12 years or younger and below 1.20m in height.
Above are prices based on the period of travel. If the dates don't fit your holiday plans, just get in touch with us and we'll arrange the holiday to accommodate your preferred travel dates.
- Pick up and drop off service at hotel, airport or train station
- Professional local English-speaking guide
- Hotel accommodation
- Transportation according to the programme with car, coach or bus depending on group size
- Meals as stated in the itinerary B = Breakfast. L = Lunch D = Dinner. Breakfast is usually international breakfast buffet combined with local Chinese breakfast. Lunch consists of local Chinese dishes including meat and vegetables. Sometimes lunch is a western-style sandwich if the weather or programme so requires. Dinner is specialised Chinese meals from many different regions in China.
- All entrance fees to the sites mentioned in the itinerary
- Beverages (soft drinks or local beer) within a reasonable limit (2-3 glasses)
- English map of Beijing
- 24hr on-call service in case of emergencies
- Anything not in “Included” list above
- Any flights or transportation besides those mentioned in the "Included" list above
- Phone calls or other personal expenses
- Tips - We recommend that the guide receives 2 USD per person per day and 1 USD per person per day for the driver
We reserve the right to make improvements and changes to the itinerary due to local circumstances or events outside our control.
This tour starts and ends in Beijing.
An Albatros Travel representative will meet you at the airport. This tour includes pick-up and departure services. Please let us know your flight details, including flight number, arrival and departure times, in order for us to arrange your transfers.
Type of vehicles used:
For transfers between destinations we use modern and comfortable vehicles that have air conditioning.
Level of ability required:
This tour does not include any strenuous activity so no particular level of ability is required, however please be prepared for some walking. If you have any concerns or questions regarding disability access, please contact us in advance.
Food and dietary information:
If you have any particular dietary preferences or requirements, please make these clear when you make your booking. Most types of diet can be catered for. We will eat at local restaurants. It’s not a problem to maintain a vegetarian diet in China.
Breakfast at the hotel is usually an international breakfast buffet.
Health and vaccinations:
In general, tourists do not need any vaccinations. Malaria vaccinations are not necessary in most parts of China. However, we advise you to consult with your doctor before travelling. For more information about health and vaccinations, please look at this website.
What to wear:
Weather in Beijing
Summertime in Beijing is usually charaterised by hot and humid days followed by balmy evenings. Winters are often very cold with temperatures dropping to -10 degrees Celcius (14 degrees Fahrenheit). Spring and autumn are good seasons for visiting China's capital although spring sometimes sees sandstorms caused by the winds blowing dust from the Mongolian steppe.
Baggage and what to bring:
For domestic travel by air, the baggage allowance is 20kg (44lbs) per person. Since we do not provide tours with international air travel, please check your airline's website for luggage weight limits.
Flat two pin outlets are used in China. European round two pin outlets can also be used but don't fit perfectly. A plug adaptor can be purchased in most electronic stores.
Most travellers need a tourist visa to China. Please consult the Chinese consulate or embassy in your country of residence for visa application. This website may be useful in providing information regarding the application procedure.
If you need to cancel
We understand that your travel plans sometimes change and we try to be as flexible as possible. However as we have to book accommodation at hotels we are also bound by their cancellation policies. In general, the following rules will apply when cancelling a tour you have booked:
- If cancelling more than 45 days before commencement of our services there is no cancellation fee and we will refund 100% of your money
- If cancelling within 45 to 31 days before commencement of our services: 20 % of the total booking value will be levied
- If cancelling within 30 to 15 days before commencement of our services: 60 % of the total booking value will be levied
- We are unable to offer a refund if cancelling less than two weeks before commencement of our services
For full details of our cancellation terms, please see our general Terms and Conditions.
Why not extend your stay with one of these offers
Print itinerary Download itinerary
Get a quote