Why not see some more of China now that you're here? Join us on this 5-day tour of all the prime sights in China!
Travelling by night train, our first stop is Xi'an, the former imperial capital of China and one of China's oldest cities. Xi'an was also the start and end of the Silk Road, making the city an incredible capsule of history and culture. In Shanghai, stroll along one of the iconic symbols of the city, the Bund and enjoy a little retail therapy along Shanghai's famed shopping street, Nanjing Road.
Not flying home from Shanghai? No problem, tell us and we'll book your hotel to train station transfer and a high speed train back to Beijing. US$ 110 per person.
Please note that this tour ends in Shanghai. Transfer back to Beijing is not included in the price.
Need to go back to Beijing? Shanghai hotel to train station transfer and high speed train back to Beijing US$ 110 per person.
Above are prices based on the period of travel. If the dates don't fit your holiday plans, just get in touch with us and we'll arrange the holiday to accommodate your preferred travel dates
- Professional local English-speaking guide
- Hotel accommodation
- Transportation according to the programme with car, coach or bus depending on group size
- Meals as stated in the itinerary B = Breakfast. L = Lunch D = Dinner. Breakfast is usually international breakfast buffet combined with local Chinese breakfast. Lunch consists of local Chinese dishes including meat and vegetables. Sometimes lunch is a western-style sandwich if the weather or programme so requires. Dinner is specialised Chinese meals from many different regions in China.
- All entrance fees to the sites mentioned in the itinerary
- Beverages (soft drinks or local beer) within a reasonable limit (2-3 glasses)
- 24hr on-call service in case of emergencies
- All train tickets (Beijing-Xian high-speed train, Xian-Shanghai soft sleepers)
- Anything not in “Included” list above
- Any flights or transportation besides those mentioned in the "Included" list above
- Phone calls or other personal expenses
This tour starts in Beijing and ends in Shanghai.
If you would like to return to Beijing, we offer the high-speed train tickets and Shanghai hotel-train transfer at 110USD per person.
Type of vehicles used:
For transfers between destinations we use modern and comfortable vehicles that have air conditioning.
Food and dietary information:
If you have any particular dietary preferences or requirements, please make these clear when you make your booking. Most types of diet can be catered for. We will eat at local restaurants. It’s not a problem to maintain a vegetarian diet in China.
Breakfast at the hotel is usually an international breakfast buffet.
Health and vaccinations:
In general, tourists do not need any vaccinations. Malaria vaccinations are not necessary in most parts of China. However, we advise you to consult with your doctor before travelling. For more information about health and vaccinations, please look at this website.
What to wear:
Weather in Beijing
Summertime in Beijing is usually charaterised by hot and humid days followed by balmy evenings. Winters are often very cold with temperatures dropping to -10 degrees Celcius (14 degrees Fahrenheit). Spring and autumn are good seasons for visiting China's capital although spring sometimes sees sandstorms caused by the winds blowing dust from the Mongolian steppe.
Baggage and what to bring:
For domestic travel by air, the baggage allowance is 20kg (44lbs) per person. Since we do not provide tours with international air travel, please check your airline's website for luggage weight limits.
Flat two pin outlets are used in China. European round two pin outlets can also be used but don't fit perfectly. A plug adaptor can be purchased in most electronic stores.
Most travellers need a tourist visa to China. Please consult the Chinese consulate or embassy in your country of residence for visa application. This website may be useful in providing information regarding the application procedure.
If you need to cancel
We understand that your travel plans sometimes change and we try to be as flexible as possible. However as we have to book accommodation at hotels we are also bound by their cancellation policies. In general, the following rules will apply when cancelling a tour you have booked:
- If cancelling more than 45 days before commencement of our services there is no cancellation fee and we will refund 100% of your money
- If cancelling within 45 to 31 days before commencement of our services: 20 % of the total booking value will be levied
- If cancelling within 30 to 15 days before commencement of our services: 60 % of the total booking value will be levied
- We are unable to offer a refund if cancelling less than two weeks before commencement of our services
For full details of our cancellation terms, please see our general Terms and Conditions.