The Grand Tour of China
This 14-day voyage will take you on an unforgettable journey through China. From the urban sprawl of Beijing and Shanghai to the rural charm of Yangshuo and the awe-inspiring Terracotta Army. Join us!
If you only have two weeks of holidays and it's your first time to China, this is the trip for you. This two-week voyage will give you the very best of China.
Starting in Beijing, we will visit all the classic highlights and have a chance to soak up the special atmosphere of this former imperial capital. No trip to the Middle Kingdom would be complete without climbing the Great Wall of China. We take you to a part of the wall that is also the site of the annual Great Wall Marathon. Here replete with breathtaking panoramic views, we will spend some time exploring this incredible fortification.
After Beijing and the Great Wall, we travel to another imperial capital, Xi'an, home to the magnificent Terracotta Army. Calling in at the Grand Mosque, we'll have ample opportunity to stroll through the Muslim Quarter of the old city and do a bit of shopping and sampling of local delicacies.
From Xi'an, we travel to the idyllic Yangshuo town where we'll spend a couple of days soaking up its rural charm before heading to Hangzhou and the iconic West Lake, the subject of many ancient Chinese poems and writings.
Perfectly combining history, culture and nature, these two weeks will be an unforgettable holiday. Join us!
Prices do not apply to the Golden Weeks (approx. May 1-7, Oct. 1-7) and the Chinese New Year
A child is defined as 12 years or younger and below 1.20m in height.
- Pick up and drop off service at hotel, airport or train station
- Professional local English-speaking guide
- Hotel accommodation
- Transportation according to the programme with car, coach or bus depending on group size
- Meals as stated in the itinerary B = Breakfast. L = Lunch D = Dinner. Breakfast is usually international breakfast buffet combined with local Chinese breakfast. Lunch consists of local Chinese dishes including meat and vegetables. Sometimes lunch is a western-style sandwich if the weather or programme so requires. Dinner is specialised Chinese meals from many different regions in China.
- All entrance fees to the sites mentioned in the itinerary
- All local taxes and required insurances
- Beverages (soft drinks or local beer) within a reasonable limit (2-3 glasses)
- English map of Beijing
- 24hr on-call service in case of emergencies
- Anything not in “Included” list above
- Any flights or transportation besides those mentioned in the "Included" list above
- Phone calls or other personal expenses
- Tips - We recommend that the guide receives 2 USD per person per day and 1 USD per person per day for the driver
We reserve the right to make improvements and changes to the itinerary due to local circumstances or events outside our control.
This tour starts in Beijing and ends in Shanghai.
An Albatros Travel representative will meet you at the airport. This tour includes pick-up and departure services. Please let us know your flight details, including flight number, arrival and departure times, in order for us to arrange your transfers.
Type of vehicles used:
For transfers between destinations we use modern and comfortable vehicles that have air conditioning.
Level of ability required:
This tour does not include any strenuous activity so no particular level of ability is required, however please be prepared for some walking. If you have any concerns or questions regarding disability access, please contact us in advance.
Food and dietary information:
If you have any particular dietary preferences or requirements, please make these clear when you make your booking. Most types of diet can be catered for. We will eat at local restaurants. It’s not a problem to maintain a vegetarian diet in China.
Breakfast at the hotel is usually an international breakfast buffet.
Health and vaccinations:
In general, tourists do not need any vaccinations. Malaria vaccinations are not necessary in most parts of China. However, we advise you to consult with your doctor before travelling. For more information about health and vaccinations, please look at this website.
Baggage and what to bring:
For domestic travel by air, the baggage allowance is 20kg (44lbs) per person. Since we do not provide tours with international air travel, please check your airline's website for luggage weight limits.
Flat two pin outlets are used in China. European round two pin outlets can also be used but don't fit perfectly. A plug adaptor can be purchased in most electronic stores.
Most travellers need a tourist visa to China. Please consult the Chinese consulate or embassy in your country of residence for visa application. This website may be useful in providing information regarding the application procedure.
If you need to cancel
We understand that your travel plans sometimes change and we try to be as flexible as possible. However as we have to book accommodation at hotels we are also bound by their cancellation policies. In general, the following rules will apply when cancelling a tour you have booked:
- If cancelling more than 45 days before commencement of our services there is no cancellation fee and we will refund 100% of your money
- If cancelling within 45 to 31 days before commencement of our services: 20 % of the total booking value will be levied
- If cancelling within 30 to 15 days before commencement of our services: 60 % of the total booking value will be levied
- We are unable to offer a refund if cancelling less than two weeks before commencement of our services
For full details of our cancellation terms, please see our general Terms and Conditions.
Why not extend your stay with one of these offers
Print itinerary Download itinerary
Get a quote